Frequently Asked Questions
What is a dietitian?
How do I find a dietitian?
There are many dietitians employed throughout the state of Utah. All local hospitals employ dietitians – you can call and ask for a dietitian. They are also employed in the community, businesses and other areas. One good way to find a dietitian who can help you with counseling, classes, information, etc. is to use the "Find a Dietitian" tool on our website. You will see the tool on the left hand side of this page. You can also search for a dietitian using the national website. Go to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website. From there, click on “Find a Nutrition Professional”.
How do I become a dietitian?
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is the official organization for all dietitians in the United States as well as globally. To find out more about becoming a registered dietitian, go to the Academy website and click on “Careers & Students”.
I want to eat healthier, can you help me?
Teaching and helping people to eat healthier is what dietitians do best! They will work with you on diet and fitness recommendations to improve your health. For more information, see the question above titled “How do I find a Dietitian?” There are also resources on the Academy website – go to the site and click on “Food & Nutrition Information”.
How do I become a member of the Utah Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (UAND)?
Membership in UAND is automatic when you are an Academy member residing in Utah or an Academy member who has called the Academy and requested Utah as your state of affiliation.
How do I become a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics?
The vast majority of Academy members are Dietitians and Diet Technicians. Click on this link for more information.
How do I change my email, phone, address or other information for UAND?
UAND uses the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics database to update all personal information (name, credentials, phone, email, address, etc.). Personal information must be updated on the Academy’s website ("My Profile"), then in turn it will be updated with UAND.
LISTSERV - OPTING IN
Here are 5 easy steps to get on the Listserv:
- Log in to www.eatrightutah.org . Remember that you now use your Academy site login (please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any trouble logging in).
- On the member's only tab, find your name on the left hand side
- Click on "Member Profile" below your name
- Go to the bottom of the page under the "Electronic Mailing List" section and click "opt in" (you can come back here and opt out or opt back in any time).
- If you prefer only 1 email per day, click on "Switch to daily digest" (rather than receiving every Listserv posting).